1 ½ cup almond flour
1 cup parmesan cheese (finely ground)
2 eggs (beaten)
Pinch of salt
Black olives chopped – optional
Olive oil for brushing
Spices I like to use:
Gluten & sugar - free
I am not big on social media. It’s just not my thing.
Before I launched my website, I was told it’s important to have some presence on social media. So, I chose Instagram. Even though I have my issues with this medium, I do follow chefs, cooks, food experts, etc., among other wellness experts.
I started following the beautiful and talented Israeli Food journalist and a TV host, Rita Goldstein.
When she posted this crackers recipe, it was a Eureka! moment for me. Besides being an easy breezy recipe, it also seemed quite fantastic. I had all the ingredients at home, and at my fingertips. I probably made it within five minutes after coming across Rita's post.
Of course - and it goes without saying - I had to put my own spin on it with the added olives and different spices. But for the three main ingredients, I stuck to Rita's recipe.
AND the crackers pair perfectly with the
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the almond flour, cheese, eggs and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the chopped olives if desired.
3. Mix well and form a single ball
4. On a big baking sheet place the mixture ball between 2 sheets of parchment paper.
5. Spread, flatten and roll with a rolling pan.
6. Remove the top parchment paper.
7.. Top with your desired spices.
8.. Brush with a little bit of olive oil so the spices won’t burn.
9. Mark and cut the crackers with a knife (size them as you wish – your choice).
10. Bake for 15-18 minutes (I like them more of a cracker texture better than a soft-chew).
11. Cool just a little before consuming.
I can’t even tell you how to store them because they don’t last!